Join us August 17th 2019 to celebrate 75 years!
Please join us for a FREE day to celebrate Camp Kwasind’s 75th Anniversary of Christian camping in Muskoka. Meet with old friends, reminisce about camp memories, and see where camp has come over the last 75 years; “the gift of yesterday and the gift of tomorrow”.
You can experience all the traditional camp activities: enjoy our beautiful waterfront, worship with friends and family of all generations, tour the camp to see our incredible history in the cabins and property, and hear about new initiatives.
As always, we humbly accept donations to continue to be that wonderful place where “you can feel the touch of God” for generations to come. Although we’ve been around for 75 years, “we’re just getting started”. Register now to be part of this incredible day that was designed for you!
The schedule for the day:
9-11am – Open/arrive/registration
All cars must park OFFSITE at Watt Public School (on Hwy 141 – 2 km north of Skeleton Rd 5) Shuttle transportation between parking lot and camp will be running every 15 minutes.
*PLEASE ARRIVE 30 minutes prior to when you would like to be at camp to allow time for the shuttle and sign in.
11:00am – Opening Ceremonies
Service will include a time of recognition of the contribution of Len and Connie Cullen to Camp Kwasind over the decades.
12:00-1:30pm – Lunch
12:30pm – Afternoon program
- “Official Tours of Camp” leaving from Keewaydin lower deck at the start of each hour (1pm,2pm,3pm)
- Camp Store (Tuck Shop) Open
- Video loop of Stories of Camps impact from Alumni playing in Keewaydin
- Special Visit Locations
- Craft Cabin – back to the COTTAGE “Creative Learning Exploration”
- Mondamin Expansion Area
- Campfire Circle
- Outdoor Chapel
- Leadership Lodge
- Kwasind Island
- Experience your favorite camp locations
- Mondamin Fireplace Outdoor view
- Campfire Circle
- The Cottage Fireplace
- Cabins with two doors to create different decade zones
- Open Camp Activities “Family fun”
- Teather Ball
- Open swimming
- Climbing wall
- Hiking options / Trails
- Experience the Prayer Trail
- Trek to the Point
- Visit Vesper Rock
- Exploration to Beaver Dam
1pm – Special Reveal
There will be a big REVEAL of the plans for the nextMAJOR BUILD to begin at Kwasind in the next year!
4pm – Closing